Thursday, July 5, 2018

Disney: Cinderella Coach Play Tent!

While this may have been another quick job for Disney Consumer Products, it was a load of fun to do.  I've always liked pop-up hoop tents, whether for children's play or adult camping.  I was tapped to bring that feature to a Cinderella pumpkin coach, which did have its challenges.
I didn't necessarily have to design the prototype but it did need to have a degree of plausibility in execution.

Again, this was a quick one.  I had a next-day delivery deadline so not much preliminary exploration was done.  I went from approved rough to renderings.  The figures were added afterward to show some scale.















I came across the above while cleaning through my computer hard drive a couple of years ago. I had neglected to look this one up, to see if it was eventually produced by DCP, and if so; how it turned out.

I think it turned out pretty well, if simplified for cost & function;




No comments: